Perspective - Troubleshooting FAQ
You are on this page most likely because something didn't work smoothly in your use of Perspective. For this we are really sorry. We are here to help! Below we have compiled a few of the issues and remedies. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you need further help.
- Version Mismatch - Trying to download a story and Perspective suggests I need to update to the latest.
- The story you want to open is saved with a newer version of the App than you are using. If you have downloaded latest Perspective App and still get this message, it is most likely due to a mistake. Send us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will fix it.
Once fixed, all you have to do is to re-download the story and you should be all set.
- Error downloading document - I went to a URL on a web site and it says it can't open the URL.
- This is an unfortunate side-effect of a network configuration that affected some of the users. Follow Network Configuration troubleshooting procedure before and then try loading the URL again. This will be fixed in 1.3.
Network Configuration - Apps says it cannot connect to the server but I am definitely on the Internet.
- If your App exhibits this problem please kill the App
(not delete it but just killing the process by double-tapping home when outside the App) and then start it, wait a couple of seconds and then try Featured Stories.
If they show up you should be all set, and be able to follow the link on the site to open stories.
If you are still having issues, and you don't have important stories, then just re-install Perspective.
If you want to preserve stories you already please contact us at email@example.com and we will guide you.
Explanation: Your App's configuration is likely hosed. Sorry! For a brief period of time during upgrade to 1.2, our servers pushed a bad configuration file
to some Apps which broke App configurations for those who upgraded at that exact time. Unfortunately because the configuration is hosed, we can't ship a new, fixed configuration.
We have put in modifications in our configuration protocol in 1.3 so this issue doesn't happen again. Sorry for your trouble.
My problem continues to persist. What should I do?
Report it to us. Please include screenshots and version number of the App and iOS and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with your OS version, what story is not working.